LED is the latest buzzword in the electrical industry and many articles online and experts encourage you to upgrade your current lighting system to LED. This type of lighting system has numerous advantages, especially if it’s installed correctly. At Brian Brothers, we’ve worked with LED lighting for many years now and understand what’s included in an efficient system. If you want to install LED fixtures or upgrade your current lighting system to it, just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.
What is LED?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and is a semiconductor electrical component designed to emit bright light. The component converts the electricity directed towards it into light and they’re a better alternative to incandescent, halogen, and even CFL lights so they’re worth the investment of a new upgrade.
What Are The Benefits of LED?
Our clients are often concerned about whether LED is a good choice for them because a complete upgrade can be a relatively expensive. Here are some benefits you should consider before you make your choice:
- Energy Efficient – LED lighting is known to be energy-efficient but most people don’t know why it is so. A normal halogen bulb of a 50W turns 90% of the electricity it consumes into heat and only 10% into light. That’s not the case with LED bulbs. They consume about 15% of the energy that halogen lights require but use 85% of it to produce light. The heat output is minimal and the LED bulb so it feels relatively cool to touch.
- Impact on Air Conditioning – As mentioned before, other forms of lighting turn majority of the electricity they consume into heat, which has an impact on temperature controls in your property. Air conditioners in rooms with LED lighting will require less energy and time to maintain a comfortable temperature than rooms without LED light.
- Last Longer – LED lights have a longer lifespan in comparison to traditional lamps. Typical, good quality LED bulbs will last up to 50,000 hours while normal halogen lamps won’t event last a fraction of the time. This will help cut down your maintenance costs as you won’t have to replace the bulbs regularly.
- Size – These lights offer considerable brightness even when they’re small and compact. Some bulbs are very small and can easily fit into cramped areas and corners and still offer bright light.
- Durable – LED bulbs are quite durable because they don’t contain filaments that break with vibrations or shocks. This means you won’t have to replace these bulbs as often as you need to replace traditional halogen lights.
- Eco Friendly – LED lighting doesn’t contain mercury and doesn’t emit any UV rays or harmful gases that can pollute the air.
As you can see, LED is worth the investment of an upgrade and if you want to get one done, just give us a call. With Brian Brothers Electrical, you can expect $0 call out fee, honest and upfront pricing, excellent customer service, and high quality services so call us today or fill in our contact us form and we’ll get back to you promptly.