Every commercial or residential property must have a functional, well-maintained smoke alarm. Unfortunately, it’s one of the most neglected electronic fixtures on any property because most people don’t even notice when they stop working. At Brian Brothers Electrical, we encourage people to get their smoke alarms inspected and maintained regularly because you never know when and how disaster might strike. A functioning alarm might even end up saving your life. We take these alarms very seriously and offer excellent smoke alarm repairs and installation services.
The Importance of Regular Smoke Alarm Assessment and Maintenance
Modern smoke alarm systems are very efficient and don’t require much care and attention. However, it’s a good idea to get all alarms in your residential and commercial property inspected at least once a month. It won’t be expensive or take up too much of your time, but it would help you maintain an efficient system in your home. Our professionals will assess your system carefully and recommend solutions based on their findings. Here’s what we can do for you as a part of our smoke alarm repairs and installation services:
- Cleaning (If required)
- Battery replacement (Done annually)
Smoke Alarm Repair
Smoke alarms are built to last and most will function without problems for at least a decade before they repair or need replacement. Smoke alarm problems are usually caused by a malfunctioning or dead battery and dirt. However, if cleaning and battery replacement doesn’t work, our electricians will dig a little deeper to find the true cause of the problem. Here are some signs of smoke alarm malfunction:
- Continuous beeping even in the absence of smoke or fire.
- Unreliable response (the alarm doesn’t sound every time there’s smoke)
- No response at all, even in the presence of intense smoke.
If you encounter any of these problems, you need to call us immediately. Our electrician will arrive at your location at your earliest possible convenience and repair the alarm quickly. We consider this a priority job and respond as soon as we are able.
Smoke Alarm Installation
If your property doesn’t have functional smoke alarms, you need to fix that quickly. You place your life and health in considerable risk if you don’t install it immediately. Here are some situations in which you should get smoke alarm repairs and installation done:
- Old Property – If you’ve recently purchased an old property, you should call us in to inspect, repair, or replace the existing smoke alarms. Most people neglect this and that can have disastrous consequences.
- Old Smoke Alarm – Modern smoke alarms have a life-span of 10 years, after which you need to replace them as soon as you can.
- Problems that can’t be Repaired – If problems with your existing alarms can’t be repaired, you need to replace it immediately and we can help with that.
With Brian Brothers Electrical, you can expect $0 call out fee, honest and upfront pricing, excellent customer service, and high quality smoke alarm repairs and installation. So call us today or fill in our contact us form and we’ll get back to you promptly.